- This event has passed.
Festival of Older People! Coming October 2017
October 17, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - October 19, 2017 @ 8:00 pm
The Festival of Older People will take place at the end of October in the Netherlands. The festival was initiated by The Faketory foundation, in collaboration with older people and people and organisations in care, science and art. From all of these people’s perspectives, we will reflect on important issues concerning aging: How do we shape a society in which a third of all people is more than 55 years old? How do we ensure that they are meaningful to the world around them? And how do we take care of those who are no longer able to take care of themselves?
The festival’s most important goals are:
1. Challenging the unilateral perception of older people and care,
2. Offering a platform to older people to show their reality to the world
3. Creating possibilities for connections and exchanging between older people, younger people and people that work in care
4. Developing lasting initiatives for local change, aimed at improving older people’s quality of living, within and outside of care organizations
This festival is constructed in collaboration with over 70 older people, artists and scientists, who work together very closely to shape the productions that will be shown at the festival. During the 5-day festival we are expecting to host 1500-2000 visitors: older people themselves, people who work in care for older people or provide informal care and people who create policies concerning older people, so our message will reach all of society. There will also be an online platform surrounding the festival. On this platform people will be able to follow the progress of the initiatives that will be developed at the festival
- October 17, 2017 @ 12:00 pm
- October 19, 2017 @ 8:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- ageing society, cambodia elders, documentaries, elderly care, elderly events, elderly of the world, elderly research, social art, utrecht events
- Zimihc Theather Zuilen
Utrecht, 3554 GD Netherlands + Google Map